Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gramma's DIVA BLOCKS



Thank God for my CRICUT machine. I spend hours choosing and cutting just the right paper for each project!




My alphabet blocks and papers are laid out so I can visualize how the finished set is going to come together. This step reminds me so much of all the patchwork quilts I have made and how I lay out the fabrics in much the same way.










Organic Alphabet Blocks. The block is made from 1 3/4" Poplar wood and is left natural. I add decorative papers and shapes then I finish off with upper and lower case alphabet letters. Next comes several layers of MOD PODGE glue...







Special Order blocks created from the same papers. I painted these blocks instead of leaving them natural...




The finished blocks are coated with several coats of MOD PODGE glue and then sprayed with an acrylic spray. It can take as long as 6 hours to complete one set of blocks from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment