Sunday, December 27, 2009

What Is It?





















Making cookies for Lowell this year reminded me of when I was a little girl and all of the pretend recipes I put together by the age of five. My mom would pull out a pink and white mixing bowl and let me create my own special recipes using whatever ingredients I could find in the cupboard or fridge. I would mix eggs, ketsup, mustard, flour, etc. until it became too disgusting to look at, or too hard to stir. She would always ask "What is it?" and I would have fun making up an answer for her. This was our little secret, because my dad would have had a fit knowing food was going to waste.






By the time I was in the third grade I was responsible for making most of our meals. Frying pork chops, making meatloafs, baking roasts, etc. So cooking became more of a chore to me than doing something fun. I am going to try and change that mentality this year, enjoy a few new recipe books and get a little more creative in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment